From Mayor Olen Parker
- We are moving forward on the TDOT Community Transportation Planning Grant, Safe Routes to School Grant, and the Downtown Enhancement Grant.
- The Newbern Downtown Safe Room has been fully approved and the property surveys are completed and the de-sign drawings have been started.
- The Newbern Elementary School Safe Room should be completed early next month. We will coordinate a dedica-tion service with the School.
- We have applied for CDBG Funding to construct a new 250k gallon water tower in the Millsfield Area to provide better pressure on the Western Water Service. At this time we are awaiting a notification on the grant.
- We were successful in obtaining the Canadian National Bloom America Grant in the Sum of $25,000 to provide blooming plants and trees from the York Street Crossing to the Jefferson Street Crossing. We have a meeting with them on Friday.
- We making progress on the Automated Meter Reading System. Our current focus is on compatibility of software. This system will provide numerous billing and payment options to our customers.
- Reminder the online bill payment is completed and working.
New City Website is running… being updated.
Would like to name those we have lost from the community since last meeting.
Glenda Jones, June 10
Darlene Bryan, June 5
William Poole, June 4
Nathan Williams, June 4
Virginia Bakey, May 25
Bobby Lowery Jr., June 3
Westley Newhouse (25), June 01
Donald McCleary (60), June 2
Betty Dowell (82), May 20
Arline Campbell (79), May 25
Bettye Rice (72), May 22
Bobbie Finley, May 10
Donna Eaves (57), May 16
Jerry Borden (77), June 09
Vetrice Rosky (70,) June 11
Roy Barker (80), June 14
Since June 16……. Through 6-28-2015
Leonard Royce Stover, III (37), June 18
Bill Michael Paul Tharpe (36), June 19
Thomas H. "Tommy" Ozment (75), June 20
Emma Ann Noah, June 27
Kathleen Gamber (62), June 27
Dennis Peckenpaugh (67), June 18
I apologize if I have missed any family. Our prayers go out to these families.